Travel Insurance Claims
Your guide to Cover-More travel insurance claims
We hope that your trip goes smoothly, but if something unexpected happens CoverMore UK will be there to help. You'll find all the information you need about travel insurance claims right here, including a step-by-step guide to making your claim, links to all of the supporting documents you'll need, and advice about claims related to specific events or travel providers.
If you are making a claim then download a UK claim form to substantiate your claim. All claims must be submitted within 31 days of returning to the UK.
If you have additional questions about the claims process, or about a specific claim that you've made, please feel free to contact us at 01245 272 402 or email email@example.com.
Claims details and information
- How to make a travel insurance claim
To lodge a claim for a policy purchased in the UK follow these simple steps:
1. Download & complete a claim form (PDF). So we can process your claim quickly, it would be helpful if you give us as much information as you can.
2. Add your receipts and supporting documentation. At the back of the claim form, there is a simple list of the supporting documents you'll need to send us. Don't forget, we require originals of all documentation. Please make a copy before you send it in.
3. Give your claim the once over. Once completed, give your claim a final scan, just to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.
4. Mail your original claim form and all supporting documents to:
Cover-More Travel Insurance
PO Box 9180
- What happens next?
We understand you are probably already out of pocket, so we'll try and process your claim as quickly as possible. It ususally takes around 10 working days to respond to each claim.
- Lost or stolen luggage
You must report lost or stolen belongings to the police or responsible Transport Provider and obtain a written report within 24 hours.
- Medical claims
If Your claim arises due to an emergency situation when You are travelling please phone the emergency assistance number as soon as physically possible if You are admitted to hospital or if You anticipate that Your medical or related expenses are likely to exceed £300. You may still need to submit a claim form on Your return Home.
- Other things you should know
We're unable to accept responsibility for any items delayed or lost in the post. Lastly, a friendly reminder that any exaggerated or fraudulent claims will be passed on to the relevant authorities.
- Travel insurance claims advice
Certain events, such as natural disasters or strikes may affect your travel. Below are links to information about how recent events will affect your travel insurance claims.
Following is advice regarding claims related to specific events and travel providers. Should you have any questions, please contact us at 01245 272 402