At Cover-More Travel Insurance we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our data collection
We will obtain your personal information from you when you purchase a policy. We may also receive information about you from third parties.
Our use of data
We collect personal information for two purposes:
1. Providing insurance services to you, including but not limited to the following:
- evaluating your application
- evaluating any request for a change to the insurance provided
- providing, administering, managing insurance services following acceptance of an application
- investigating and, if covered, managing claims made in relation to any insurance you have with us or other companies within the same group
2. For the purposes of marketing, including but not limited to the following:
- informing you of current products available
- informing you of new products available
- informing you of latest deals and promotions
- informing you of company news and group wide news
Our disclosure policy
The personal information collected can be used or disclosed by us for a secondary purpose relating to those purposes listed above, but only if you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose this information. However, for sensitive information, the secondary purpose must be directly related to the purpose listed above.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to an investigator, assessor or police or other relevant authority (for the purpose of investigating or assessing your claim);
- to an airline, medical practitioner, treating doctor, or emergency assistance provider (to establish your medical status and fitness to travel);
- to a lawyer or recovery agent (for the purpose of defending an action by a third party against you);
- to another insurer (for the purpose of seeking recovery from them or to assist them to assess insurance risks) or a reinsurer who may be located overseas;
- to an insurance reference bureau for the purpose of recording any claims you may make upon us
Our amendment policy
We will give you the opportunity to correct your personal information, or obtain access to it (some restrictions and costs may apply). We will also provide our dispute resolution procedures to you in respect of any complaint you may have regarding your personal information.